Friday 10 February 2012

Lip-sync Final


Planning: Character is a fortune teller by her profession. Her name is Katy.Her want to convince a person but, to make him realize that, she is telling truth. She starts with a very calmly which at the end becomes aggressive. After listing to the audio, I felt that she is really angry about the opposite person, who disbelieve her opinion. It could have been a normal talk between two characters. But I was trying to give her motive behind her talk. A character fortune teller, who likes to make others believe what she is saying is going to happen in future. I watched movies for studding this characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrpXoNBCz7Q

This character is using her hands for gestures. Her hand are expressing every word of her. Anger is chosen to make other person believe what he is saying is correct. I wanted a same thought in my clip. Previously I planned this clip to get funny at the end but, it was not making justice to her character. I decided to keep her cruel and serious till the end.



Stage 1:

On this stage, I just want to see the silhouette of the character. Testing her features was the main motive. While setting the camera, I verified that the whole attention has to be on her face. She has to be on golden point of a camera frame. To justify her character she should have a strong body posture.

About the camera :

I am setting a moving camera for this clip. In this short there is no other character in the frame. Whole attention is going to be on Katy (name of the fortune teller). Zooming the camera was really working with the sound and mood. Giving attention to her facial movements was also important. Camera is still where it needed to be. When she is aggressive, a camera deliberately kept still. After she calm down, camera is again zoom out for keeping the moment going.



Acting reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ZVTTi-Bo4&list=UUWsNFuhdtPquiuvgya6cuWg&index=10&feature=plcp

I acted this on my own. While acting, this scene my main aim was to get mood and emphasize on a character's expressions. In this clip, I was clear the way I want character's body movements.

Brief of the story : Katy is a fortune teller. She is setting on a chair, and talking to a person. A person is a practical guy who do not believe her predictions. To make him think what she is predicting is right she becomes violent at one point. That is the moment where other person starts thinking about her predictions. Because Katy convinced him to think on her opinion, she started feeling like a winner. This whole conversation after a dialogue should get expressed by her facial expressions.



Stage 2:


I did started doing lip sync before animation. My focus was on lip sync in this clip.

Lip sync was new for me as, I never did it before. Reason behind choosing this clip was strong punches in the dialogue. In Disney, animation artist make a lip sync chart before animating them. The same procedure I followed before animating the actual lip sync, I created an excel sheet of this where I wrote all the pitching points of the dialogue. Accordingly I added lip sync to the character.

Animation here is under progress. There is less weight in character movements. I am putting some extra poses to define Kety's weight of the hands and head.

Stage 3:

In this short, I added weight in a character. I also worked on her expressions. Animating eye was a first attempt of mine. While animating blinks, I thought about her expressions and a scene requirements. Sometimes her eyes are open more wide, especially when she is angry. Added minute detail in her gestures. Worked on her figure animation also.

Maya render vesion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXIp2m_U3s&feature=BFa&list=UUWsNFuhdtPquiuvgya6cuWg&lf=plcp


Final:



According to suggestions I reduced spacing between two hands action. Previously there was a delay at the starting time of the character hand movements. I also made some changes in a camera. Final output is really satisfactory in comparison to my last animation work. Learned various things in this short as example, importance of the hold, strong poses, finger animation, eye expression and animation.


No comments:

Post a Comment