Saturday 21 January 2012

Dance

An idea behind this act is a emotional feeling which a blind person could have. A blind girl who really love to dance but, she cannot see herself doing it. In her dreams, she want do all those things which she really desire to do. I was collecting information about blind dancers. How choreographers teach them and how they get along with it. Converting disability into ability is really a commendable job. These people are more curious about the actions. It is really hard for them to realize the action.

Storyboard:


While animating dance it is very essential to know what is going to happen in that shot.In this clip I planed several camera changes. I want to finalize my major cameras in story boarding. Exactly what I want to do in animation is clear in a storyboard.

Story is a blind girl named Rose,who loves to dance. Rose is learning dance as her hobby,but is upset that she can not see herself dancing. One day after finishing her class, on the way to home she had a illusion. In a part she is dancing with the flowers and trees around. She is jumping and trying to touch the sun in her vision. She want to do everything in her dream. This express her emotions that she want to do all those thing which she practically can not do. She is very happy and pleased to have such a dream, than being depress that she is disable. Reason behind that is, her desire is not only to dance but, also to see herself while doing it.

I want to make this animation clip not in a practical way but in a emotional way.

Acting reference:

I acted lots of time for this scene. I practiced this dance at home for many time but I could not achieve body movements. Finally after trying so many times I got the proper reference which I was looking for.

Stage 1:

Character should look like a simple girl. I started with the blocking stage. Scene is going to have seven camera changes. Each camera changes are for the purpose. To show animation detail I kept some close up cameras also. All the gestures were clear in storyboard and reference. I emphasized on strong body poses for the dance. Staging of the character was very important in this stage. Character's appeaser in those dance movement was my major concern. I added as much detail as possible to get an idea out of it.


Stage 2:



While doing animation in dancing I observed lot of weight issues. It is very interesting how are body moves. On each short of animation I was trying act short first the use to animate it. Lots of weight shifting happen while walk or dance. In each of my animation I am trying to achieve next level of detailing. I deliberately added some complex body movements, for the study purpose. Run was the new thing in this animation. Achieving weight in run was very difficult. Run contains several of things from the point of view of animation. Every part of the character moves with him.
I saw tutorial of run to animate it. Collected lot of reference according to requirements of the scene. Following one is reference of a run and a jump:







Final output:



After completion of each scene animation, I found each camera is looking different. Missing point in whole act was transactions. While changing one camera to other there has to be a following acting to identify the audience. I gave each camera a following action of other camera. It added continuation in animation. In my previous take, all scenes were looking like cut and paste, but after adding following action, it gave sense of carry-over to each short. Because of some technical error I lost my file twice in a single day but, with the help of my tutor I managed to finish the animation till one extent.
I studied how to moving character on beat, match expressions according to word and mood of the story, how to add weight to the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment