Monday 28 November 2011

Walk


Animator Richard William says, " walk are the most hardest thing in animation." There are lot of thing which we have to look while animating a walk. Every person walks in various way.
A old lady who walks on street has different walking style than a young guy.
To set a tempo before starting an assignment is very important thing. I wanted to do a normal guy's walk. He is walking in market place and sees a girl. While observing her, he bangs on light pole. Because of embarrassment, he tries to hide his face.

I prepared a story board for this.
Planning a walk was challenging. I went on street for finding variety of references. In very short time, I gathered interesting references for walk. For my walk assignment planed, I used studio shoot references.



I observe minute details of walk. I observed, how human body's weight shifts, legs and hand moves in opposite direction. There is a subtle movement of shoulder. Head reacts very slightly while a normal walk.
First Look of walk

I still want to achieve last moment where he feel embarrassed that, he hits a pole.


WIP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZEini16iw

Last short is still in WIP stage.




Final Version

No comments:

Post a Comment