Saturday 26 November 2011

Bouncing Ball_1st version


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RgnXQFZ-j0

This was my second attempt to make bouncing ball. It is very difficult and challenging to do perfect animation of bouncing ball. Bouncing ball covers most of the aspects of animation, which includes stretch and squash, arc, anticipation ,timing ,staging, slow in slow out.It becomes quite tricky at the moment of timing and spacing.

I did lot of reference shoot for this and did sketches of it to get the idea how actually ball comes down where to put stretch and squash.

Stretch and squash principle is useful for all kinds of animating even if a person is jumping form one place to another first he will take antique before he jumps which is squash. Antique is follows by stretch, subject will try and stretch him self to to in air. there it will be most relax position, before he lands down. Landing pose suggest squash.

This was a jump example but in real life we can find many examples like t hat.

Ball lands in arcs. Scientifically the gravity and weight suggest arcs of the ball. If ball is heavy arc will be different than, light ball.

My main concentration was to get timing as close as real life.This are some references of bouncing ball shot by me and my room mate help me doing that successfully http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1nEFvCYBA4

I kept my assignment as simple as possible for focusing on basic principle like stretch and squash, timing, arc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment